Virtual Globe Trotting
Class 5 have been working with Mrs Ronan on Geography this half term. They have been virtually visiting many countries all over the world with a little bear called Barnaby. The children have had to work really hard honing their research skills using the internet and in pairs created posters and leaflets on different countries around the world. There was a particular interest in Brazil…I wonder why?
Class 5 – The Movie
Mini Beast Hotel
We built the mini-beast hotel out of lots of materials. Here are some if the steps we had to take when giving the hotel its makeover.
1. First we had to build the base
2. We built up the base to a higher level
3. Next we put things into the holes and gaps. We used leaves and bamboo shoots and twigs
4. A few days later a group of children made it even higher
5. Again a few days later the same thing happened
6. When we added to the hotel we found some snails living in the bricks and we found many more minibeasts
The materials we used were: Wooden pallets, bricks, tiles, old plant pots, wood, sticks, leaves (dry ones), paint and many more. Thank you to all the parents who donated things towards our minibeast hotel.
We say goodbye to our lovely butterflies!