Useful Web sites to support the teaching of Phonics
A copy of Letter and Sounds can be found here.
- consonant and vowel recognition,
- initial consonant sounds,
- beginning and end blends,
- consonant diagraphs,
- silent letters,
- long vowel sounds,
- Phase 3 and 5 sounds.
A good selection of resources including worksheets and some interactive games.
- Phase 3 and 5 sounds
- Phase 6 work such as prefixes and suffixes, plurals and tense worksheets.
- Extensive list of long vowel worksheets and games such as hangman.
Has and Letters and Sounds section that covers all the phonic phases and the tricky words, 100/200 common words.
Lots of letter fans, mats, display ideas and games that follow ideas in Letters and Sounds phases.
Under ‘word level’ section of literacy, a good selection of worksheets and powerpoints.
- Early phonics and alphabet work.
- Phase 6 work (plurals, tenses, prefixes/suffixes etc)
- Some phase 3/4/5 sounds.
A mix of very good interactive games and worksheets covering most phonic phases. Recommend – Sandcastle quiz for phase 3 and 5.